- Personal service personnel assigned to you
- Proprietary vehicle tracking system
- Tracking campaigns
- Response to “Hot” car requests
AMPORTS assigns personnel to each customer. From the manager to the account coordinator, we understand the daily requirements of our customers.
AMPORTS account coordinators utilize AMPORTS proprietary vehicle tracking system to keep vehicles flowing through the process.
AMPORTS is a problem solver for customers, responding to “Hot” car requests, tracking campaigns, and making month end numbers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does AMPORTS have IT capabilities to take care of your account?
- Does AMPORTS have body shop capabilities?
- Is AMPORTS ISO certified?
- Does AMPORTS have the ability and experience to accessorize and homologate vehicles?
- Does AMPORTS have trained mechanics?
- Does AMPORTS have experience with SKD and CKD?
1. Does AMPORTS have IT capabilities to take care of your account?
The Company utilizes IBM’s PureFlex System for its IT infrastructure.
The PureFlex System provides AMPORTS with an integrated, high-speed
computing platform that combines storage, networking, virtualization and
management into a single infrastructure system. The Company’s primary
applications, including Vehicle Tracking System, Repair Order System and
JD Edwards enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, all run on the
PureFlex System. AMPORTS utilizes Vision Solutions MIMIX software to
replicate, protect and recover data on the PureFlex System. The
Company’s primary IT operations are located in Baltimore with secondary
operations located in Jacksonville.
AMPORTS has developed proprietary vehicle and port tracking systems utilizing customized software. The Vehicle Tracking System records the receipt, surveys, processing, storage time, repair orders and shipment of each vehicle at each facility. Radio frequency and cellular equipment are used for real-time scanning of vehicles from arrival until departure capturing all of the services performed and tracking vehicle location throughout each facility. The Port Tracking System automates vehicle import [documentation] requirements.
AMPORTS uses Oracle’s JD Edwards ERP software for financial management, including billing and financial reporting. JD Edwards provide sufficient capabilities for the Company to accurately track its accounts receivable, accounts payable and financial performance, including budget tracking by location and generating consolidated financial reports, among others.
2. Does AMPORTS have body shop capabilities?
AMPORTS has fully equipped and staffed paint and body shops at each of its major facilities. AMPORTS provides OEM color matching services at all of its locations.
3. Is AMPORTS ISO certified?
AMPORTS is ISO-9001:2008 certified at all of its processing facilities.
4. Does AMPORTS have the ability and experience to accessorize and homologate vehicles?
AMPORTS has trained installers at each facility. AMPORTS has been installing accessories and performing homologation since the early 1950’s.
5. Does AMPORTS have trained mechanics?
AMPORTS has ASE certified mechanics at all facilities where mechanical work is required.
6. Does AMPORTS have experience with SKD and CKD?
Yes, over the years AMPORTS has handled complete and semi-knockdown shipments.